Reef & Island Scenic Flight
The most popular package in the Whitsundays would have to be the scenic flights. See the beauty from a unique perspective and travel in an hour what would normally take you the whole day. Flying with the first and most experienced operator ensures you get the best and safest experience available.
The Whitsundays Most Iconic Tour
The Reef & Island scenic flight, is the most comprehensive tour in the whitsundays.
Departing from Whitsunday Coast Airport, the Reef & Island tour includes views of Conway National Park, mainland river systems, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands, and The Great Barrier Reef.
Highlights of the flight include world-famous Whitehaven Beach and the swirling sands of Hill Inlet.
Beyond the Whitsunday Islands, is the Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
The unique colours and patterns of the reef are best appreciated from the air, including the iconic Heart Reef, which is only visible from the air, and only in the Whitsundays.
- Most comprehensive Scenic Flight in the Whitsundays
- Only Operator with Guaranteed Window Seats
- In-flight Pilot Commentary
- Free Airport Transfers included
- Regular Departure times to suit your itinerary
- Passenger pick up and drop off locations
What You'll See
- Shute Harbour
- Heart Reef
- Hook, Hardy & Bait Reefs
- Whitsunday Islands including:
- Molle Islands
- Long Island
- Dent Island
- Hamilton Island
- Daydream Island
- Hill Inlet
- Whitehaven Beach
- Check in is 1 hour prior to flight departure
- Please note that for security reasons the maximum weight per person is 125kg
- All flights are subject to pilot discretion, weather, aircraft availability and air traffic control
- In the event that the local supplier cancels/postpones any flight(s) due to adverse weather conditions, they will attempt to reschedule your flight or a full refund will be given
- The local supplier will endeavor to achieve on-time performance, although accept no responsibility for missing flights or tour connections arising from operational delays
- Flight time listed is approximate and may vary depending on aircraft type
- Children under 3 years old are considered infants and travel free of charge on a paying adult’s lap. For children aged 3 and over, adult pricing applies on all flights
- 100% cancellation fee applies for cancellations, no shows, or booking changes within 24 hours of departure
Why Book With Us?
For further information please contact us at:
All year round
Other Exceptional Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
The Whitsundays enjoys a subtropical climate, making it the perfect holiday destination.
In summer (December to February) the maximum average temperature ranges is 25°C (77°F), and the days are languidly sunny and warm. In winter (June to August) the temperatures are slightly cooler, with 18°C (64.4°F) as the average daily temperature.
The remaining spring (September to November) and autumn (March to May) seasons enjoy lovely mild temperatures that on average sit between 20 – 24°C (68 – 75.2°F).
Travel time from Airlie Beach to Whitehaven via boat ranges from just over one hour for high-speed vessels to around two hours for sailboats. If you travel to Whitehaven Beach by one of our helicopter or seaplane adventures, the trip time can be as little as 15 minutes if you fly directly there.
With three days in Airlie Beach, you have plenty of time to soak up the small town atmosphere, get out onto the Great Barrier Reef and at least one of the Whitsunday Islands, and venture into the nearby bush or rainforest.
It may be a fair distance from Queensland hotspots like Cairns and Brisbane, but Airlie Beach is well worth a visit. It's not only located on the Great Barrier Reef, but it's also home to the world-famous Whitsunday Islands.
Only 1.5 hours by commercial airline or even less total travel time should you use one of our private aircraft or helicopter charter services.
Boasting the best beach in the world time and time again. Airlie Beach is your gateway to the Whitsundays and is the hidden gem of Queensland.
Passenger ferry services operate from the Hamilton Island Marina. The 60 minute ferry trip from Airlie Beach departs from two convenient locations at either Port Of Airlie Marina or Shute Harbour (just south of Airlie Beach), with more than a dozen services throughout the day.
We offer private helicopter and aircraft charters reducing the trip to under 10 minutes.